It just keeps getting hotter out there... so we wanted to help you all out by giving some fun ideas for a "Splish Splash Summer Bash" party. First off, start it out with a splash by sending a wet invitation to your guests.
1. Send us your party information, and we'll type it on the invitation.
2. We laminate the invitation and send it to you.
3. You roll up the invitation and put it inside a balloon and fill the balloons with water.
4. Add the "splash" tag on the outside of the balloon
5. Add your ribbon and then deliver!
This is a fun way to get your guests excited to attend the party. Here is what it looks like:
To go along with the invitation, we also have a favor tag that you can attach to a treat, balloon, an otter-pop, whatever you choose! Here is what the favor tag looks like (we put ours on suckers):
(If you would like to order customized invites and favors, please feel free to visit us in-store or call us!)
Now, on to the games!
1. SPONGE TAG: Get a big bucket of water, 2-3 sponges (the bigger the better), and lots of kids...hand over a sponge or two to a couple of the older kids to start out - and watch the kids run around! Works better with multiple sponges so everyone gets wet and has a chance to be "it."
2. MARBLE GRAB: Fill a kiddy pool with water and dump marbles in the bottom. Each player stands in the pool and has to pick up marbles with his or her toes. The person who picks up the most is the winner!
3. BOTTOM-END-BLOW-OUT: Tape a thumb tack to each players nose. Then tape a balloon to each players bottom end. The object of the game is to see who can pop the most balloons without letting their own balloon be popped! This one is sure to be full of laughs!
4. WET 'N WILD LIMBO: Play limbo replacing a regular limbo stick with a water hose.
5. BODY PAINT: Make a variety of instant pudding the night before so that it can set. Give each child (or adult) a paintbrush (fingers work as well) and let them paint designs on each other. Give a prize to the most creative, messiest, best design, etc....
6. MUSICAL TOWELS: Exact same as musical chairs, but with towels outside. You don't even have to have the towels in a circle; just randomly place them in the yard! That way guests are jumping and dashing around trying to land on a towel!
Last summer, we were featured on Studio 5 with some fun summer games and activities. We'd thought we'd post it just to add some extra help. Enjoy!